Terms and Conditions
The term 'RSPH' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN. Our charity registration number is 1125949. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Standard Terms and Conditions
Settlement: Invoices must be settled strictly within 30 days from the date of invoice
Interest: RSPH reserves the right to change interest on overdue monies at a rate of 8% above Bank of England base rate under The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
Title of Goods: Ownership of goods and services (including certificates) shall remain with us until full payment has been received.
Contact Us: RSPH can be contacted directly by any of the means below:
Mail: RSPH, John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN
Telephone: 020 7265 7300
Books can be returned within 14 working days from the date of receipt for a full refund, if returned in a resaleable condition.
Places are guaranteed only upon receipt of payment and payments must be received by the RSPH 4 weeks prior to the course.
Cancellation: Substitutions can be made at any time. If notification is received 8 weeks prior to the course, a full refund will be made minus an administration charge of £40. Cancellations received after this time will receive no refund. Please note that notification of cancellation must be made in writing. The organisers reserve the right to change the timings
and/or identity of the speakers.
The RSPH is not responsible for personal visas for overseas delegates. Please ensure that all necessary documentation is completed prior to the date of travel.
Diploma in Occupational Medicine course: Refunds of the course fee will only be made if notice of cancellation is received by the RSPH in writing 8 weeks before the course start date. However, there is a non-refundable element of £700 (full deposit).
Any cancellations after the 8 week cut off will not be accepted and you will be liable for full payment of the course i.e. £2,095.
Fees are paid on an annual basis. Once fees have been paid, by direct debit (annually, monthly, or quarterly), credit card or cheque, they cannot be refunded.
Direct debit payers: intention not to renew membership must be made, in writing, to the Membership Officer a minimum of two weeks before your renewal is due. You must also cancel your mandate with your bank. If you cancel your Direct Debit with your bank without notifying the RSPH, please be aware you will still be invoiced for your membership dues until we receive written notification from you. If you pay monthly or quarterly you are still liable for the full year’s membership fees if you decide to cancel your membership before your renewal date.
Declarations of retirement must be received at least two weeks before your next renewal date. We regret that refunds or partial refunds cannot be made if you declare retirement after your renewal has been paid.
The membership team will be happy to confirm your renewal date for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prize draw: For information reagrding the membership survey 2011 prize draw please click here>
The Members’ Room at 28 Portland Place is available for use by members of the Royal Society for Public Health. The following conditions of use are to be read and adhered to by those wishing to use the room.
1. All bookings made concerning the Members’ Room are accepted by the Royal Society for Public Health upon the following Terms and Conditions, which shall form the contract between the Royal Society for Public Health and the User.
2. In these terms and conditions:
a) “RSPH” means Royal Society for Public Health
b) “Members’ Room” refers to the Members’ Room at 28 Portland Place only.
c) “User” means any person, persons or representative of the organisation named in a room booking and using the room at any time.
Use of Rooms
3. Use of the Members’ Room is by permission of the RSPH who reserve the right to refuse any booking or admission at their discretion.
4. The Members’ Room is only available for use by members of the RSPH. Members may have to provide proof of identity and membership to ensure access to the room is granted.
5. Members are able to bring individuals who are not RSPH members to the Members’ Room, however an RSPH member must be available at all times when the room is in use.
6. Unless stated, members cannot expect to have exclusive use of the Members’ Room at any time.
5. Bookings for the Members’ Room should be confirmed in writing or by email by the RSPH to ensure the premises is available on the date and time required.
6. If members choose to try and access the Members’ Room without informing the RSPH, the RSPH cannot take responsibility for members unable to access the room due to unavailability of the room, staff at the venue or any other circumstance.
7. The User agrees to pay the RSPH such other charges as arise in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. The Members’ Room is available for use during office hours Monday to Friday only.
Cancellation by the RSPH
9. The RSPH reserves the right to cancel the booking forthwith and without any liability on its part in the event of the User failing to perform any of the obligations contained within these terms and conditions
10. If for any reason beyond its control, but not limited to strike, labour dispute, accident, act of war, act of God, fire, flood or other emergency condition, the RSPH is unable to perform its obligations in connection with any booking, such non- performance is excused and the RSPH may terminate this contract without further liability of any nature. In no event, shall the RSPH be liable for consequential damages.
Cancellation by the Hirer
11. The Hirer may cancel a room hire booking by giving notice in writing.
12. If you require catering, please specify at the time of booking the room.
13. The RSPH is not responsible for any catering arrangements other than those stated on booking.
14. The nature of the function shall be notified to the RSPH at the time of the booking. As a registered public health charity, we reserve the right to refuse bookings from organisations that support or undertake activity that conflicts the beliefs of the RSPH.
15. The RSPH operates a no-smoking policy at 28 Portland Place. Persons wishing to smoke must do so away from the premises.
16. The RSPH does not endorse or support the meeting programmes and/or content of any external function held its premises.
17. Permission is required for all photographs, filming and video taping within the RSPH Premises.
18. The User shall not sub-let the hired rooms or any part thereof without written consent from the RSPH.
19. The Hirer must effect and maintain Public Liability Insurance, which will indemnify the Hirer, the Hirer’s contractors and the RSPH against any claims, costs, proceedings, charges and expenses incurred in respect of any injury to any person or loss of or damage to property, which occurs while the Hirer, its employees, guests or contractors are on or about the premises of the RSPH
Damage to RSPH property and items not permitted in the Members’ Room
20. The User shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no damage occurs to the property of the RSPH or its employees. In the event of any damage occurring, the RSPH reserves the right to render the User liable for the replacement or repair of any or all property damaged.
21. In the event of any member of staff of the RSPH being injured by the Hirer or by anyone attending the function the Hirer shall be liable for any claims arising.
22. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is fixed to the floors, walls, ceilings or any other interior or exterior of the Members’ Room or 28 Portland Place by means of nails, screws, drawing pins, blue tack, glue or any other means unless agreed in writing during booking.
24. All items stored are at the Hirer’s risk
25. Any items not collected within 24 hours after the booking will be disposed of unless prior arrangements have been made.
26. The RSPH will not be responsible for any item sent by courier that gets lost or damaged or for any items left at the RSPH after the event has taken place.
27. The User shall ensure that while using the Members’ Room all activities and persons are conducted in an orderly fashion without causing a nuisance and in full compliance with the directives and requirements of RSPH and with all applicable laws ordinances and regulations