Institute of Healthcare Management becomes part of the Royal Society for Public Health
30 October 2012
Chief Executive of the RSPH Professor Richard Parish said: “There are great similarities between the goals and vision of RSPH and the IHM. We believe this opportunity to combine our resources and years of experience in public health is valuable, not only for our collective members, but also the public health community and population as a whole. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the IHM and I am looking forward to seeing where this new collaboration will take us.”
IHM will be based at RSPH’s headquarters at John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN.
Marketing and Communications Executive , Royal Society for Public Health
Commercial Manager, Institute of Healthcare Management
Tel: 020 7593 0456, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
As the largest membership organisation of its kind in the UK, the IHM represents the interests of health and care managers at varying stages of their careers from frontline managers to chief executives. It provides opportunities for members to enhance their careers through professional development programmes, advice and support, information, networking and influencing relevant policy decisions.
- The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is an independent, multi-disciplinary organisation, dedicated to the promotion and protection of collective human health and wellbeing. Through advocacy, mediation, empowerment, knowledge and practice we advise on policy development, provide education and training services, encourage scientific research, disseminate information and certify products, training centres and processes
- The RSPH is the oldest public health body in the world and enjoys patronage of Her Majesty the Queen
- It is a registered charity operating under Royal Charter
- The RSPH is an awarding body recognised by Ofqual. Around 100,000 students take our qualifications each year through our network of over 1500 training centres throughout the UK. Our qualifications cover areas including health improvement, food hygiene, pest control, health & safety, nutrition and emergency planning
- The RSPH is a membership organisation with almost 7,000 members. Membership of RSPH is a widely recognised mark of commitment to public health and brings real professional benefits
- The RSPH run a wide variety of conferences covering topics such as food safety, water, infection control and occupational medicine as well as training programmes covering all aspects of health improvement
- The RSPH run an accreditation service for health and safety related products and manage the second largest food packaging certification scheme in the UK