Public Health is an international, multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal. Published by Elsevier for RSPH, it publishes original papers, reviews and short reports on all aspects of the science, philosophy, and practice of public health.
It has a global readership of public health practitioners and researchers and those who manage and deliver public health services and systems. It will also be of interest to anyone involved in provision of public health programmes, the care of populations or communities and those who contribute to public health in any way. We are currently seeking to appoint two new Associate Editors to assist with the running of the journal.
Key responsibilities of the appointment include:
- reading, appraising, and managing peer review of all types of original research papers submitted to Public Health for publication using an online manuscript submission system, working with the editorial and marketing teams on attracting the best and most relevant public health research and practice papers to Public Health and on improving services to authors and reviewers;
- assisting in the commissioning and editing of supplements, special issues or other special content;
- assisting in the planning and delivery of any conferences organised under the auspices of Public Health;
- assisting in the development of strategic planning for Public Health; and
- contributing towards the creation of editorials.
We will provide training in our systems and procedures and guidance from a mentor as appropriate. As well as reading and appraising a set number of papers per month, Associate Editors are required to attend meetings in London at RSPH offices approximately every 3–4 months and join a monthly Publisher’s teleconference.
In addition to reimbursement of all reasonable expenses, this post attracts a modest honorarium. To be considered for this role, please email your curriculum vitae (including a list of any awards and publications) with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role.
Closing date for receipt of expressions of interest: Friday 23 August, interviews will take place on Friday 6 September.