The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on our mental health. Mental Health Foundation research has evidenced that loneliness is affecting more and more of us in the UK and has had a huge impact on our physical and mental health during the pandemic. Our ability to connect with others is fundamental to protecting our mental health and it is crucial that we implement approaches to engage with and support harder to reach groups. Mental Health Foundation has announced 'loneliness' as theme for Mental Health Awareness Week 2022 (9-15 May). The RSPH Learn Team has updated and relaunched our Loneliness and Relationships Module to provide awareness of this topic. Our short module covers:
- An introduction to loneliness and relationships
- Groups affected by loneliness
- How social media has an impact on our relationships and feelings of loneliness
- Older people using social media
- Tips to reduce the impact of social media use on our relationships
Access the course on RSPH LearnFree – create an account here.
RSPH Members can access the courses by logging in to your account on RSPH Learn.