Job Title: Digital Content Executive
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN
Closing Date: Friday 18 October
Interview Date: w/c 20 October
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, we are a health education and campaigning charity with more than 6,500 members, all of who work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our operational activities include qualifications, publishing, accreditation and national/regional programmes.
Our dynamic and award-winning External Affairs and Marketing department, established in 2014, is responsible for developing the organisation’s independent voice on public health issues. Our work encompasses a huge breadth of topical and often controversial areas – from drug policy reform and measures to tackle record levels of childhood obesity, to exploring the impact of social media on mental health and wellbeing, to name but a few. We work in partnership with a diverse range of organisations from universities, industry, think tanks and the public sector, covering a wide variety of issues impacting on the public’s health, from vaccinations to gambling.
We are now looking for a proactive Digital Content Executive to support our work, particularly around our website, marketing, film/video production and other creative activities. You will be creative, diligent, ambitious and very much a team player, deadline driven and focused on achieving results.
Public Health is a fascinating field that covers many interesting areas of our lives. Some of our highest profile media campaigns over the last couple of years have dealt with issues as diverse as calories in alcohol, drugs policy reform, social media and mental health, childhood obesity and gambling. So, you should be aware of current affairs and take an interest in our main commercial areas, such as food safety, fitness and nutrition, environmental health and mental health.
Purpose of the Role:
To run the day-to-day management of the RSPH Website; contribute to our marketing and external affairs activities; and provide digital support to our membership, events and qualifications departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the website’s content on a daily basis - adding, removing and updating content on demand, helping to update and refresh existing copy with a friendlier style, and working with our graphic designer to improve the overall look and feel of the website;
- Assist with a variety of Marketing, Membership, Educational and External Affairs campaigns – providing both digital and creative support, whenever necessary (e.g. setting up new web pages, writing content, email marketing, sourcing images and analysing performance etc);
- Manage the organisation’s various news channels, blogs and newsletters – and help to develop our Social Media presence;
- Support efforts to drive traffic to the website (including PPC, Facebook Advertising and Google Ads) – and ensure that it is optimised for search engines;
- Work with colleagues, departments and our digital agency to develop new website functionality, new digital products and services - and better ways to perform tasks;
- Conduct market, competitor research, and analytics as necessary – and make recommendations based on it;
- Work with members of the team to help create or refresh RSPH marketing collateral (including member emails, display adverts, flyers and other printed materials);
- Manage relationship with a range of suppliers.
We’re looking for a proactive and personable team player – who doesn’t hesitate to go the extra mile to get the job done, while always remaining calm under pressure. They must be capable of writing persuasive and engaging copy and have an eye for design. They should have excellent attention to detail, combined with a creative and inquisitive mind. And they should be comfortable and confident engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
This role would suit someone with solid website management experience (using a CMS, similar to WordPress) and the ability to create and curate a broad variety of content – including web articles, social media activity, blogs, film projects, member newsletters and email campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience working in a Content Management, Web Management or Digital Marketing role – with experience of:
- Website Content Management Systems (i.e. WordPress)
- Content copywriting
- Basic HTML, SEO and knowledge of digital standards
- Social Media Campaigns
- Google Analytics (or similar systems)
- Email Marketing, Customer Data Management and GDPR
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to us by email, by Friday 18 October, outlining why you would be interested in working for RSPH and what experience you feel you can bring to the role.