Position title: Education Officer
Responsible to: Head of Qualifications’ Operations
- To assist the Director of Qualifications and Education Manager(s) in the management of RSPH qualifications throughout the life-cycle of the qualification, from development through to maintenance, review and evaluation.
- To ensure the provision of appropriate assessments and maintenance of associated question banks and other assessment materials.
- To assist the Director of Qualifications and Education Manager(s) in providing support to centres delivering, or wishing to deliver, qualifications within their defined sector.
- To assist the Head of Qualifications’ Operations with the daily administration of qualifications.
Post status: Full-time, Permanent.
Location: John Snow House, 59, Mansell Street London E1 8AN
Job Title: Education Officer
Team: Qualifications Head of Team/Line Manager: Director of Qualifications / Head of Qualifications’ Operations
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To assist the Director of Qualifications and Education Manager(s) as appropriate in the design, development, maintenance, review and evaluation of RSPH qualifications.
- Assist in the development of question banks, examination papers and other assessment materials for new qualifications.
- Ensure that question banks and examination papers are reviewed, maintained and updated.
- Carry out item analysis of multiple-choice examination questions and enter this information into the question banks as appropriate.
- Ensure the availability of examiners/verifiers for the marking of examination scripts and other assessed work.
- Assign examination scripts and other assessed work to approved examiners/verifiers.
- Assist in the organisation and operation of assessor events.
- To help process and record completed MCQ scripts and dispatch to Outsource Partner.
- To help process and import all MCQ results to Quartz.
- To administer all results, paper based and e-certificates to centres within agreed timescales.
- Assist in the organisation and / or attend support events for stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain links with stakeholders.
- Attend meetings and promotional events of stakeholders related to the qualifications portfolio.
- Act as Key Account Manager for a range of centres as directed by the Director of Qualifications or Education Manager(s).
- Provide information to the Director of Qualifications as requested.
- Undertake any other activities as agreed by the Director of Qualifications.
- To carry out all work in a timely manner and to meet agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Maintain awareness of relevant issues in education, training and assessment.
- Maintain a full understanding and awareness of all relevant activities of RSPH.
Line management responsibilities: None
Lines of communication:
- Director of Qualifications and Education Managers
- The Chief Executive
- Management Team
- All teams
- Representatives of public and private organisations
Education Officer Personnel Specification
|Attainments||Relevant experience with a regulated Awarding Organisation.||Teaching/Training qualification and experience.|
|Experience/Skills||Computer literate Experience of producing assessment materials and examination papers An understanding of diversity and equal opportunity issues.|
|Disposition||Good communicator – written and oral Team player and able to work on own initiative Able to prioritise work and multi-task Analytical Articulate Numerate Able to maintain confidentiality Tactful and diplomatic|
|Circumstances||Availability for out-of-hours evening work and commitments away from home|
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Jennifer Peprell, Head of Qualifications’ Operations, at [email protected].