Job Title: Marketing and Digital Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (may be more for exceptional candidates)
Location: John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN
Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2020
Interview Date: w/c 3 August 2020
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, we are a health education charity with more than 6,500 members, all of whom work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our operational activities include campaigns, education, publishing, accreditation and national/regional programmes.
Our work encompasses a huge breadth of topical and often controversial areas – from drug policy reform and measures to tackle record levels of childhood obesity, to exploring the impact of social media on mental health and wellbeing, to name but a few. We are committed to tackling health inequalities, and work in partnership with a diverse range of organisations from universities, industry, think tanks and the public sector.
Our digital and marketing department has responsibility for our website, multimedia content, social media, email communications newsletters and leads on campaigns to support RSPH products and services. The team is instrumental in ensuring we remain one of the UK’s leading independent and “go-to” organisation for cutting-edge public health policy and campaigns, the main membership organisation for people working to improve and protect the public’s health, and the leading provider of high-quality education products and services, including an OFQUAL registered awarding body.
We are looking for a Marketing and Digital Manager who will take the lead on marketing and digital development across RSPH. As this is a dual role, you should have solid experience in both fields – with up-to-date skills across all aspects of strategic and tactical marketing (particularly digital marketing) and of web/digital development. You will be diligent in your approach, highly knowledgeable and very much a team player, keenly focused on achieving results. You should be both creative and analytical – as we are looking for someone who can come up with innovative ideas, know how to implement them and then measure and monitor their performance.
Leading a small team you will be target-driven, proactive and personable in your approach, and keen to nurture the talented individuals we have.
The role will be based at RSPH headquarters at John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN. However, flexible working arrangements, including working from home, may be required during the COVID-19 crisis. These will be kept under review.
Purpose of the Role: You will take the lead across RSPH’s Marketing and Digital channels – helping to develop and implement a new Marketing and Digital Strategy for RSPH and, along with your team, ensure delivery of the organisation’s various commercial and charitable objectives.
Line-Management: 2 staff (Digital Content Executive and Content Producer).
Accountable to: Deputy CEO
This is a critical role for the organisation – you will lead the strategic marketing for RSPH, supporting Directors and their teams in identifying markets for our products and services and develop activities to support positioning.
- Leading a small team you will manage the day to day operation of our digital and marketing activities, across a broad range of consumer and trade channels – including our website, email marketing, online advertising and organic and paid for Search (PPC/SEO) and Social Media
- Manage the relationship with our agencies, suppliers and other third-parties, to support the continuous development of our website and other digital channels and deliver marketing activities that achieve results
- Take the lead on both digital development projects and marketing campaigns - both as a project manager and in a more hands-on capacity, while advising on best-practice, audience engagement and delivering value-for-money solutions
- Report and review digital and marketing analytics and wider trends, to inform future strategy and planning. Working with the Deputy CEO to ensure digital and marketing activities achieve their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and are in line with both RSPH’s charitable and commercial objectives
- Identify new opportunities for our commercial activities – to ensure that our products and services are both competitive and marketable. This should include continuous market research, search-based keyword reporting and competitor analysis, amongst other methods
- Lead and develop a team of two to produce high-quality digital content and conduct marketing activities that deliver results – including trade PR, search marketing activities (Google AdWords/Ad Grant), social media, multimedia, email communications and website
- Develop and uphold our Brand Guidelines across all channels (digital and print)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest innovations in digital technology, with the ability to share this knowledge across the organisation and de-mystify complex concepts to non-technical staff.
- Proven track record and demonstrable expertise in strategic and tactical marketing and digital development – including experience across all aspects of digital marketing and of delivering a range of digital services, from start to finish (e.g. websites and other digital services). This experience should have been gained in a commercially competitive environment, which included line-management (with a coaching and empowering style) and full budgetary responsibility
- Excellent understanding of analytics services and software (such as Google Analytics or HotJar) and how this can be used to improve services
- Proven experience in PPC (Google AdWords/Ad Grants) and paid Social Media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), Affiliate marketing and Online Advertising
- Strong Copywriting, Content Production and Editorial capability, including a strong track record in developing and creating engaging and compelling content for a wide range of audiences
- Basic understanding of common graphics software (e.g. Adobe Suite).
- Experience of the Further Education sector, qualifications Awarding Organisations, eLearning Course providers, and Professional Member organisations
- Basic understanding of video-editing software, such as Final Cut pro
- A keen interest in health and wellbeing issues.
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be interested in working for RSPH and what experience you feel you can bring to the role, to Duncan Stephenson, Deputy CEO at [email protected]
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we will only be able to contact those candidates who are called for an interview.