Job title: Content Assistant
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Location: John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, we are a health education charity with more than 6,500 members, all of who work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our operational activities include qualifications, publishing, accreditation and national/regional programmes.
Our dynamic and award winning External Affairs and Marketing department, established in 2014, is responsible for developing the organisation’s independent voice on public health issues. Our work encompasses a huge breadth of topical and often controversial areas – from drug policy reform and measures to tackle record levels of childhood obesity, to exploring the impact of social media on mental health and wellbeing, to name but a few.
We work in partnership with a diverse range of organisations from universities, industry, think tanks and the public sector, covering a wide variety of issues impacting on the public’s health, from vaccinations to gambling.
We are now looking for a Content Assistant to support our work particularly around our website, design and film production activities. You will be diligent, ambitious and very much a team player, deadline driven and focused on achieving results.
Purpose of post:
To support marketing activity for RSPH through a mixture of website, film production and design activities.
Senior Marketing Executive
Website and marketing
- Work with Marketing colleagues and departments across RSPH to update website content on a daily basis;
- Undertake regular website hygiene and update all interactive maps on the website;
- Update marketing lists on CRM and Dotdigital ensuring we are compliant with GDPR;
- Manage membership discount codes including creation and reporting;
- Provide assistance to Marketing team particularly in terms of marketing of products and services, including events and conferences;
- Manage our news, blogs and development of blogs;
- Support activities to drive traffic to RSPH website, including PPC and GoogleAdwords;
- Support the delivery of RSPH social media strategy
Digital production and design
- Supporting Digital Producer on film production and editing;
- Work with Production Executive to build our library of digital content including vlogs,
- Working with website and digital content team to refresh look and feel of RSPH website, including reviewing website images and sourcing new images;
- Refreshing RSPH collateral, including reports, flyers and other published materials
We’re looking for someone who is both proactive and personable – a good team player who remains calm under pressure. This role would ideally suit someone with experience of film production and/or design who is keen to broaden their marketing experience.
|Essential||Knowledge of Adobe Programmes including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro||Confident self-starter, ability to get on with a wide range of people
Attention to detail
|Desirable||Knowledge of CMS e.g. Preside, WordPress
Knowledge of filming/photography
|Experience of, or confidence in dealing with a broad range of stakeholders|
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be interested in working for RSPH and what experience you feel you can bring to the role.