- Job title: Marketing Manager
- Contract type: permanent full time (35 hours per week)
- Salary: c. £35,000 per annum
- Location: John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN
- Closing date: 2 January 2019
- Interview date: W/C 7 January 2019
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, we are a health education charity with more than 6,500 members, all of who work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our operational activities include qualifications, publishing, accreditation and national/regional programmes.
Our dynamic and award-winning External Affairs and Marketing department, is responsible for developing the organisation’s independent voice on public health issues. The marketing department has responsibility for our website, digital content, social media channels, newsletters and leads on campaigns to support RSPH products, services and campaigns.
The marketing team is instrumental in ensuring we remain the UK’s leading independent and 'go-to' organisation for cutting-edge campaigns, the main membership organisation for people working to improve and protect the public’s health, and the leading provider of high quality education products and services, including an Ofqual-registered awarding body.
We work in partnership with a diverse range of organisations from universities, industry, think tanks and the public sector, covering a wide variety of issues impacting on the public’s health, from vaccinations to gambling.
We are now looking for a Marketing Manager to build on the great work we have undertaken thus far. You will be diligent, ambitious and very much a team player, focused on achieving results. The Marketing Manager is a key part of the team and you will be proactive and personable in your approach, keen to nurture the talented individuals we have.
- Purpose of post: devise and maintain the overall marketing strategy for RSPH, ensuring that it delivers on business objectives through leadership of the marketing team.
- Accountable to: Director of External Affairs & Marketing
- Responsible for: 2 x Marketing Executives, 1 x Content Producer
- Work with teams and departments across RSPH to identify strategic opportunities for delivering on business objectives and cross-selling
- Lead the development of marketing campaigns to support RSPH products and services, including social media and trade PR
- Report on overall marketing activity and wider trends to inform strategy and planning
- Identify new markets, channels and tools to help promote RSPH’s products, services and campaigns
- Lead for RSPH’s use of all tools and channels including email, website and social media
- Manage marketing team to ensure that tactical implementation is in line with the marketing strategy and delivers on business objectives
- Lead sign off on all branded materials
- Manage relationships with consultant and suppliers
- Any other duties as required
Below is a list of the key knowledge, skills and experience required for this role. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet these requirements.
|Education level||Educated to degree level or equivalent marketing qualification|
Working knowledge of CMS
Working knowledge of email marketing platforms such as dotmailer, mailchimp etc
Working knowledge of a CRM system
Microsoft Dynamics CRM system
Excellent written work and ability to craft engaging and compelling copy
Attention to detail
Comfortable and confident engaging with a broad range of stakeholders at different levels
3+ years working in a marketing role with particular emphasis on strategy and planning.
Responsibility for maintenance of organisation website
5+ years working in a marketing role with particular emphasis on strategy and planning.
Team player as well as a self-starter comfortable working with minimal supervision
|Interest in health and related topics|
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with loyalty days earned for 3 and 5 years’ service
- 35 hour week: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Employer pension contribution matching employees up to 7.5%
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free fruit and healthy snacks provided by the RSPH Health Champions
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be interested in working for RSPH and what experience you feel you can bring to the role to our HR Advisor Emma Deady.