- Role: Membership & Educational Services Assistant
- Accountable to: Membership and Educational Services Manager
- Salary: £21,000
- Closing date for applications: Friday 21 February
Please note that this opportunity is advertised for direct applications only - no agencies or media sales.
RSPH is the oldest public health body in the world, with more than 6,000 members drawn from the public health community in the UK and beyond. An independent health education charity, our vision is a world where everyone has the opportunity to optimise their health and wellbeing. We offer qualifications, conferences and internationally-renowned academic journals.
This role requires a proactive and enthusiastic individual with an interest in the mission of RSPH - to improve the public’s health. The Membership & Educational Services Assistant's main responsibility will be to provide day to day administration of our training, e-learning, and events services, ensuring that clients receive value from their relationship with RSPH.
The right person for the role will be able to manage their own time, multi-task, have a high attention to detail and be proactive. They would be expected to manage their own time however would be receiving day to day support from the Educational Services Coordinator.
In return, RSPH offers a friendly, welcoming and healthy working environment with a team of health champions encouraging healthy living – with free fruit and weekly salad for employees and a range of social activities throughout the year and 25 days holiday (pro rata).
- Provide day to day administration of our training and events services, ensuring that clients and delegates receive value from their relationship with RSPH.
- Support the Educational Services Coordinator in the delivery of training, bespoke and open programmes, including preparing and sending training resources, liaising with training participants, writing evaluation reports, and communicating with the Qualifications team to order exam papers as required.
- Develop e-learning programmes as needed, with support from the Educational Services Coordinator
- Provide day to day administration of our e-learning system, including the registration of new users, issuing of completion and CPD certificates, and invigilating in-house assessments.
- Maintain the training schedule and training calendar ensuring they are always up to date and accurate.
- Identify any courses with low attendance in advance and work with the marketing team to generate bookings.
- Produce the monthly report for Educational Services.
Events & Conferences
- Leading on the administration of the Events & Conferences programme, supported by the Events Officer, including; preparing materials, badges and packs for events, and supporting delivery of the event on the day
- Lead on post-event administration including; evaluation forms, event write-ups, and processing membership forms
- Support the Membership and Educational Services Team in the running of the RSPH webinar series.
The successful candidate will have:
Education and experience
- An interest in public health and wellbeing
- Experience of working with multiple priorities in an office environment
- Evidence of personal/professional development
- An undergraduate or Masters degree in public health or other relevant topic is desirable
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good standard of IT skills
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment, such as printers and photocopiers
- Ability to manage a varied workload, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- High standard of communication including written, verbal, listening skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Polite and friendly phone manner
- Ability to work in team setting and provide support to colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Samantha King, Membership and Educational Services Manager.