Responsible To: Development Manager
Hours of work: 35 hours a week
Location: Home working but may be required to attend the office at John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN once per week.
Salary: £23k-£26k per annum
Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, but working across the UK, we are a public health charity with more than 5,000 members, all of whom work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our activities include qualifications, digital learning, publishing, accreditation, national/regional programmes and policy and campaigning work.
The Programme Executive is a key support function at RSPH working with the Development Manager and wider teams to ensure efficient and effective administration and compliance on the delivery of projects and new initiatives. This will include
- Violence Reduction and Prevention
- Making Every Contact Count for Mental Health
- Developing the wider public health workforce
The Programmes Executive will also support the implementation of the RSPH five-year strategy for the organisation which will be launched in September 2022 and this post will support the implementation of our strategic priorities.
Core function in supporting the coordination RSPH projects
- Coordinate projects stakeholder and asset mapping, workshops, seminars, meetings etc.
- Arrange meetings with project stakeholders and follow up with brief notes on the key points and actions agreed
- Coordinate data collection activities for evaluation and monitoring processes
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure the content of the RSPH website pages regarding the projects are up to date and in line with the requirements of the commissioner
- Organise and write up project newsletters in collaboration with the project team and stakeholders
- Support the up-to-date record keeping of project key information including the timely inputting of data in project databases and trackers.
- Manage project related enquires and work across the team to support requests
- Ensure timely invoice processing and expenditure tracking for projects according to established procedures
- Assist the write up of project key documents and reports
- Grant Support - providing administrative support to the grants management process
- Undertake desk research to support the development of projects, this might include rapid literature reviews.
- Engaging with partners in the development of proposals
- Provide general administrative support to the Programmes team.
Educational services team
Essential Skills and Knowledge
High standard of communication including written, verbal, listening skills
Editing and proofreading skills
Good standard of IT skills
Ability to work in team setting and provide support to colleagues
Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
Strong administration skills
Polite and friendly phone manner
Preferred Skills and knowledge
Research and analysis
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Education and Experience
Experience, Skills or Competencies required:
A degree in development studies, social science, communications or another relevant
three years’ experience in a similar role.
Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
A high standard in English, both spoken and written.
Strong administrative, organizational and project management skills.
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work as part of a team.
A very high standard of personal integrity
Ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
In return we offer:
25 days annual leave
Flexible working structure
Bupa Health Insurance plan.
Access to RSPH membership, training courses and qualifications.
Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Welcoming and friendly team of colleagues, and an active Health Champions programme.
RSPH values and actively strives to have a diverse and inclusive workforce in a working environment free from discrimination.
Please email a copy of your CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages to [email protected]
Please do let us know if you require any adjustment to allow you to participate in this recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
No agencies please.