Training & Digital Learning Coordinator
Contract type: Full time (35 hours per week), permanent.
Salary: £25-27.5k per annum, depending on experience.
Location: John Snow House, 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN but currently home-based. There may be some long-term flexibility to work at home for at least part of the week.
Closing date: 8 January 2021 by 5pm.
Interview date: w/c 11 January 2021 by Zoom.
The Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) is the world’s longest-established public health organisation. Based in central London, but working across the UK, we are a public health charity with more than 6,000 members, all of whom work to improve and protect the public’s health. Our activities include qualifications, digital learning, publishing, accreditation, national/regional programmes and policy and campaigning work.
In our recent staff survey, over 90% of staff agreed or strongly agreed that “RSPH is a friendly place to work”. Also highly rated is our Health Champions colleagues who bring health and wellbeing initiatives to the whole team.
Please email a copy of your CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages. We are particularly interested in your thoughts about RSPH, digital learning, and your ideas for how we can improve and expand our educational offer.
Applications should be sent through Indeed, where you will also need to complete some skills-based assessments.
Accountable to: Membership & Educational Services Manager
- Lead on the design, development and maintenance of our portfolio of online courses and digital training, using external resources where necessary (around 70% of time)
- Lead on the development of new online courses, and regular updating of existing courses.
- Work with the Training & Digital Learning Assistant to maintain the RSPH Learning Management System, and provide an excellent experience for our customers and clients.
- Support the Membership & Educational Services Manager with existing key accounts across our digital learning services.
- Support Membership & Educational Services Manager with new business development through the creation of quotations, proposals and bids responses for digital learning.
- Manage the Behaviour Change Special Interest Group and connected Webinars (around 20% of time)
- Support the Membership and Educational Services Team in the running of the RSPH webinar series (anticipated to be around 5% of time)
- Provide administration support when required to our membership service including taking calls, and updating our CRM system (anticipated to be around 5% of time).
Training will be provided on a variety of systems including our eLearning authoring platform, LMS, eAssessment and CRM systems.
We are looking for someone with an interest in public health and wellbeing. A large part of the role will focus on developing online courses and other digital educational resources. We are particularly looking for someone with experience in this field, who enjoys creative projects.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience of using the gomo authoring platform (or another similar online learning authoring platform).
- Experience of administering Learning Management Systems.
- Excellent standard of IT skills.
- A strong writer.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, prioritising and meeting deadlines.
- High standard of communication including written, verbal, listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team setting and provide support to colleagues.
Education and experience
- An interest in public health and wellbeing.
- An undergraduate degree in public health or other relevant topic.
- Creation or alteration of assets including:
- Experience on Adobe Photoshop
- Video and/or animation development
- Recording and editing of voiceovers
RSPH offers a friendly, welcoming working environment with a team of workplace health champions encouraging healthy living. Other benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement each year.
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities.
- Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- A supportive and inclusive team of colleagues.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications; unfortunately, we may only be able to contact those candidates who are called for an interview.
No agencies please.
Please do let us know if you require any adjustment to allow you to participate in this recruitment process.