RSPH is approved by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) to run the course to prepare candidates for the Diploma in Occupational Medicine’s written examination and the oral examination based on a portfolio.
The FOM Diploma has been designed for registered practitioners. It demonstrates that the holder has achieved a competence appropriate to a generalist working in occupational health. This course is the foundation level qualification required for occupational medicine.
Course content / objectives
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- The examination
- Occupational lung disorders
- Occupational mental health disorders
- Industrial relations
- Occupational skin disease
- Biological monitoring
- Occupational health law
- Disability assessment
By the end of the course, participants should:
- Be competent to seek and apply special information and techniques in Occupational medicine
- Be conversant with current thinking on the application of appropriate legislation
- Satisfy all the requirements of the Faculty’s Diploma Core Syllabus
Eligibility for the Faculty of Occupational Medicine's (FOM) examination requires all delegates to attend at least 90% of the course. This is a FOM requirement and is non-negotiable.
Please see FOM's website for more information on:
- Diploma registrations
- Syllabus and examination application forms
- Eligibility and regualtions,
- The deadline for application to sit the Faculty examinations
- Dates and venues to sit the examinations
- Fees to register for the examinations
- The template for the portfolio
The course fee is £2,895 and includes tuition, site visits, all course materials, lunch and refreshments. Please note this does not include accommodation.
The course finishes with a mock examination using sample questions.
A £900 deposit is required on booking to guarantee your place. Please note that the deadline for full payment is Friday 10 August 2018. Payments can be made by cheque, direct bank transfer (BACS) or over the phone by credit/debit card. Invoicing and receipts are issued for your records.
The last course was over-subscribed and we anticipate a similar level of demand for this one. Therefore, if you are interested in applying, please send your application without delay, by completeing the online aplication form, or booking form below and returning it to:
Events and Marketing Executive
The Royal Society for Public Health
John Snow House
59 Mansell Street
For more information, please call us on 020 7265 7378 or email Joely.