Course location: 28 Portland Place, London W1B 1LY
RSPH is approved by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) to run the Diploma in Occupational Medicine course to prepare candidates for the Diploma in Occupational Medicine’s written examination and the oral examination based on a portfolio.
The FOM Diploma has been designed for registered practitioners. It demonstrates that the holder has achieved a competence appropriate to a generalist working in occupational health. This course is the foundation level qualification required for occupational medicine.
Course content / objectives
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- The examination
- Occupational lung disorders
- Occupational mental health disorders
- Industrial relations
- Occupational skin disease
- Biological monitoring
- Occupational health law
- Disability assessment
By the end of the course, participants should:
- Be competent to seek and apply special information and techniques in Occupational medicine
- Be conversant with current thinking on the application of appropriate legislation
- Satisfy all the requirements of the Faculty’s Diploma Core Syllabus
Eligibility for the Faculty of Occupational Medicine's (FOM) examination requires all delegates to attend at least 90% of the course. This is a FOM requirement and is non-negotiable.
Please see FOM's website for more information on:
- Diploma registrations
- Syllabus and examination application forms
- Eligibility and regulations
- The deadline for application to sit the Faculty examinations
- Dates and venues to sit the examinations
- Fees to register for the examinations
- The template for the portfolio
The course fee is £2,995 and includes tuition, site visits, all course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Please note this does not include accommodation.
The course finishes with a mock examination using sample questions.
A non-refundable £900 deposit is required on booking to guarantee your place along with your completed application form. Please note that the deadline for full payment is 10 January 2020. After this date, we will not defer places onto another course.
Please note that the deadline for full payment is Friday 9 August 2019. Payments can be made by cheque, direct bank transfer (BACS) or over the phone by credit/debit card. Invoicing and receipts are issued for your records.
If you choose to only pay only the £900 deposit you will need to provide your invoicing details separately. Please email our events team to do so.
The last course was over-subscribed and we anticipate a similar level of demand for this one. We operate on a first come first served basis.