Diploma in Occupational Health
To be confirmed
Please email Meghan Cordery or call 020 7265 7314
Course location: 41 Portland Place, London W1B 1LY
RSPH is approved by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) to run the Diploma in Occupational Medicine course to prepare candidates for the Diploma in Occupational Medicine’s written examination and the oral examination based on a portfolio.
The FOM Diploma has been designed for registered practitioners. It demonstrates that the holder has achieved a competence appropriate to a generalist working in occupational health. This course is the foundation level qualification required for occupational medicine.
Course content / objectives
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- The examination
- Occupational lung disorders
- Occupational mental health disorders
- Industrial relations
- Occupational skin disease
- Biological monitoring
- Occupational health law
- Disability assessment
By the end of the course, participants should:
- Be competent to seek and apply special information and techniques in Occupational medicine
- Be conversant with current thinking on the application of appropriate legislation
- Satisfy all the requirements of the Faculty’s Diploma Core Syllabus
The distinguished tutors and speakers cover a wide range of occupational medicine and health specialities. They include senior occupational medical officers from organisations such as the Health & Safety Executive, Kraft Foods, The Ministry of Defence and EDF Energy; along with consultants in occupational medicine, health and safety, toxicology and epidemiology, specialists in occupational health and hygiene. You will have several sessions by representatives of the Faculty who will discuss the whole qualification; a mock exam is given at the end of the course and advice is given on how to write the portfolio for the oral examination.
Our Course Tutor, Dr Shriti Pattani, is present throughout the course, as is RSPH's course organiser.
You are required to send your primary medical certificate to the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM). For Diploma registrations including syllabus and examination application forms, application deadlines and the template for the portfolio please see the FOM website. Eligibility for the Faculty of Occupational Medicine's (FOM) examination requires all delegates to attend at least 90% of the course. This is a FOM requirement and is non-negotiable.
Please see FOM's website for more information on:
- Diploma registrations
- Syllabus and examination application forms
- Eligibility and regulations
- The deadline for application to sit the Faculty examinations
- Dates and venues to sit the examinations
- Fees to register for the examinations
- The template for the portfolio