When: 25th May 10am - 1pm
Chairs: Professor Lisa Ackerley FRSPH Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner, Managing Director of Public Health Company Ltd, and Sterling Crew, Chair Food Authenticity Network, Co-Founders of Kitchen Conversation.
Speakers and sessions
Food fraud; the global menace - Professor Chris Elliott, OBE, Professor of Food Safety and founder of the Institute for Global Food Security, Queen’s University Belfast
The Food Authenticity Network – what’s new? - Selvarani Elahi, Deputy Government Chemist
Food fraud in a digital market – Your chance to ask questions with an interactive panel session Food Standards Agency - Steve Smith, Head of Outreach National Food Crime Unit
Food fraud is a crime that is big business, and the final consumer is only one of the victims. This murky and complex area will be discussed by our speakers and you will have your chance to ask them questions during the panel session
Our distinguished speakers will unravel the mysteries of food crime and food authenticity, answering questions about:
- What is food fraud?
- How can we detect fraud?
- What are the signs?
- What do government agencies do to protect consumers?
- What is food authenticity and how do scientists determine food authenticity?
- What can we do to protect ourselves as consumers or business owners from food fraud in the supply chain?
- What does the future hold for food fraud?
- Is COVID or Brexit important?