Course location: Online, Zoom
When: Monday 21st Jun. 2- 4pm
Trainer: Joy McCann
Aim: To support tutors in delivery of the RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene.
*Please note this course will cover the essentials only and can be used as an introduction or refresher to delivering this qualification.
*Please note there is no membership discount for these sessions.
What you will learn
Learning objectives – as a result of this session, attendees will be able to:
- identify key outcomes that require enhanced coverage with candidates
- identify specific areas of content that are challenging for candidates
- produce formative assessments that enable learning checks
- prepare candidates for the summative assessment (RSPH examination)
- signpost relevant resources to candidates to enable them to find further information
- identify suitable Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
The session will reference the key content of the of the RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene; this will include:
- food safety law
- personal hygiene
- food allergens
- cross contamination and how it can be prevented or minimised
- temperature control
- food storage
- pest control
- best practice in handling food
The RSPH Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene is fundamentally concerned with understanding food safety hazards and how they can be controlled. Therefore, the session will focus on how tutors can support candidates towards building their knowledge and understanding in this area.
The session will include topics that some candidates can find challenging or the content that requires a focus on coverage due to their importance. The differences between food safety law and best practice will be clarified, in relevance to the qualification. A range of teaching aids will also be discussed that can provide visual stimulus to candidates. The formative assessment of candidates during their course and strategies for this will be shared, along with relevant learning activities.
The session will finish with signposting resources for tutors to update their CPD in food safety but also sources to cascade with candidates in terms of gaining further information.