Course location: Online, Zoom
When: Thursday 15th July, 9:30am – 4pm
Trainer: Graham Rushbrook
Aim: To support tutors in delivery of the RSPH Level 2 Award in Encouraging Vaccination Uptake.
Learning objectives – as a result of this session, attendees will be able to:
- understand the qualification specification, learning outcomes and assessment criteria
- identify specific areas of content that are challenging for candidates
- identify the training materials available for delivery
- prepare candidates for the workbook assessment
- signpost relevant resources to candidates to enable them to find further information
The session will reference the key content of the RSPH Level 2 Award in Encouraging Vaccination Uptake; this will include:
- the importance of vaccines and the key features of vaccination programmes
- sources of vaccine concern and vaccine hesitancy with regards to a named vaccination programme
- what can impact on behaviour change and how to explore these factors with an individual
- how to apply models of behaviour change in a brief intervention or conversation with an individual around vaccination programmes
The objective of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding to promote the importance of vaccination programmes and to use behaviour change models and motivational techniques to support individuals in making a decision to receive a vaccination. Therefore, the session will focus on how tutors can support candidates towards building their knowledge and understanding in this area.
All learners will receive a certificate for attendance with 6 CPD points.
- Participants have familiarised themselves with Level 2 Award in Encouraging Vaccination Uptake specification which outlines a summary of learning outcomes.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.