Location: University of Sheffield The Edge, 34 Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield S10 3ED
Join us at this one-day conference for students, health researchers and water professionals to share the latest advances in health-related water topics and network with others in the field.
We will hear from a range of expert speakers, as well as a selection of chosen presentations from submitted abstracts covering current research and new information regarding water and public health.
Topics will cover microbiology, chemical contamination, and engineering measures, and will include a mix of keynote sessions, abstract sessions and poster sessions.
The conference will be followed by a drinks reception for all delegates.
All delegates will receive 5 CPD credits.
Prices start from only £25
- 09:00 Registration and refreshments
- 09:30 Opening remarks Dr Susanne Lee, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Director, Leegionella Ltd
- 09:40 Water sanitation and hygiene Dr Jamie Bartram, Don and Jennifer Holzworth Distinguished a global perspective Professor of Environmental Sciences and Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Director of the Water Institute at UNC
- 10:10 Current developments in Cryptosporidium research Professor Rachel Chalmers, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Head of the Cryptosporidium Reference Unit, Public Health Wales
- 10:40 Refreshment break
- 11:00 Abstract session
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Safe drinking water future challenges Marcus Rink, Chief Executive, Drinking Water Inspectorate
- 14:00 How to ensure safe drinking water Dr Vanessa Speight, Senior Research Fellow, Managing in 2065 Director of TWENTY65, Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, University of Sheffield
- 14:30 Abstract session
- 15:30 Refreshment break
- 16:00 Poster session
- 16:30 Chair closing remarks Dr Susanne Lee, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Director, Leegionella Ltd
- 16:40 Drinks reception and prize-giving ceremony
- 17:30 Conference finish
All student places include RSPH Student membership. The membership team will be in touch to organise this after the conference.
Cheques must be made payable to RSPH. Please note, places are guaranteed only upon receipt of payment and payments must be received by RSPH 4 weeks prior to rhe conference.
Cancellation: Substitutions can be made at any time. If notification is received 8 weeks prior to the course, a full refund will be made minus an administration charge of £40. Cancellations received after this time will receive no refund. Please note that notification of cancellation must be made in writing. The organisers reserve the right to change the timings and/or identity of the speakers.
For any enquiries please email or call Joely Campbell on 020 7265 7378.