Location: University of Sheffield The Edge, 34 Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield S10 3ED
This is one-day conference for students and health researchers to share the latest advances in health-related water topics and network with water professionals.
Topics include microbiology, chemical contamination, and engineering measures. The conference will be a mix of keynote sessions, new information regarding water and public health, and poster sessions.
- 09:00 Registration and refreshments
- 09:30 Opening remarks Dr Susanne Lee, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Director, Leegionella Ltd
- 09:40 Water sanitation and hygiene Dr Jamie Bartram, Don and Jennifer Holzworth Distinguished a global perspective Professor of Environmental Sciences and Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Director of the Water Institute at UNC
- 10:10 Current developments in Cryptosporidium research Professor Rachel Chalmers, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Head of the Cryptosporidium Reference Unit, Public Health Wales
- 10:40 Refreshment break
- 11:00 Abstract session
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Safe drinking water future challenges Marcus Rink, Chief Executive, Drinking Water Inspectorate
- 14:00 How to ensure safe drinking water Dr Vanessa Speight, Senior Research Fellow, Managing in 2065 Director of TWENTY65, Department of Civil and Structural Engineering, University of Sheffield
- 14:30 Abstract session
- 15:30 Refreshment break
- 16:00 Poster session
- 16:30 Chair closing remarks Dr Susanne Lee, Consultant Clinical Scientist and Director, Leegionella Ltd
- 16:40 Drinks reception and prize-giving ceremony
- 17:30 Conference finish
Cheques must be made payable to RSPH. Please note, places are guaranteed only upon receipt of payment and payments must be received by RSPH 4 weeks prior to rhe conference.
Cancellation: Substitutions can be made at any time. If notification is received 8 weeks prior to the course, a full refund will be made minus an administration charge of £40. Cancellations received after this time will receive no refund. Please note that notification of cancellation must be made in writing. The organisers reserve the right to change the timings and/or identity of the speakers.
For any enquiries please email or call Joely Campbell on 020 7265 7378.
RSPH invites students and early career researchers around the world to submit abstracts for presentation or as a poster at our 2018 conference ‘What Is the Future of Water and Public Health?’.
The meeting will feature a wide range of exciting presentations from keynote speakers, discussions, and numerous networking opportunities with experts, researchers, and up-and-coming leaders in the field of water and public health.
We welcome abstracts related to the field of water and public health including but not limited to:
- Water chemistry and water treatment
- Water system materials and engineering
- Estate and facilities management
- Risk assessment
- Risk management and modelling
Students and investigators at early career stages are encouraged to submit one or more abstracts. Abstracts will be peer reviewed by a scientific committee and notification of successful abstracts will be via email by 1 September.
All oral and poster presentations will take place on Thursday 13 December 2018 at The Edge, Endcliffe Village, The University of Sheffield.
Please email us for more information and to be sent the submission form. The deadline for submissions is 11pm on 30 June 2018.