Chair of the Water Special Interest Group, Dr Susanne Lee is a Public Health Microbiologist and Consultant and Advisor with over 30 years’ experience in clinical and food and water public health microbiology,
Dr Susanne Lee has advised hospital infection control teams and engineers, health protection units; local and port health authorities, on the management and control of water systems particularly water hygiene in the healthcare environment. Susanne has also been involved in the investigation of waterborne nosocomial cases and outbreaks in over 30 hospitals often working closely with the HSE.
She has contributed to many working groups both nationally and internationally to produce legislation and guidelines for water quality standards, microbiological methods and risk assessment, including representing the Royal Society of Public Health on both the British Standards Institute and the International Standards Organisation’s working groups.
Susanne is currently co-chair of the International Forum for Water Hygiene in Buildings producing recommendations for water quality in healthcare buildings and equipment used in the hospital environment.
The aim of the Water Special Interest Group is to contribute to RSPH’s responses to public health consultations and policy documents regarding water.
- Feeding into government consultations as a professional body
- Sharing experiences, competencies and best practice
- Organising occasional topical seminars and workshops
This group is made up of RSPH members with an interest in water quality and safety who form a significant part of RSPH's voice when it is asked to comment on water policy. If you are a member please access the group.
Water Webinars 2019
We are pleased to announce dates for the 2019 water webinar series. All webinars are free to access, providing essential learning opportunities for water safety professionals including question and answer sessions from our international speakers and chairs.
Registrants will have access for 24 hours following the live broadcast, after which webinars are stored as a learning resource on the RSPH’s member’s area.
- 26 June 2019 - Water for special uses: Hydrotherapy pools
- 24 July 2019 - TBC
- 28 August 2019 - Water for special uses: Managing reverse osmosis untis - an experience from dialysis
- 18 September 2019 - Water for special uses: Drinking and waste water as vectors for anti-microbial resistance
- 23 October 2019 - Water for special uses: Managing off-mains hospital water supplies
- 6 November 2019 - Back to basics: Outbreak management – a practical experience