Infection prevention and control in the workplace
This online course aims to raise awareness of what infectious hazards are in the workplace and how to prevent and control them.
On completion, you will understand:
- What the sources of infectious hazards there are.
- How to prevent and control infections from transmitting in the workplace environment.
- Employers' legal duties and responsibilities to keep the workplace safe.
- 1 hour of study
- 1 CPD point
- Easy to navigate online resources
- Auto-saves your progress so can be completed in multiple sittings
This course is for anyone in the food and health industry where hygiene and infection control is critical for working practises. This course also provides guidance and advice to employers or managers about their legal duties regaring infection control.
This course is free for RSPH members and £25 for the general public.
Why not join RSPH Membership and access this course, as well as other CPD resources, for free? Register now using code CPDLEARNER and benefit from a 5% discount on your first year of membership.
You can purchase the course by visiting our Learning Catalogue in My RSPH. If you do not have an account you must first register here. You can buy a course for yourself, or multiple to assign to other learners. If you are buying a course for yourself, you should tick the ‘assign course to yourself’ box at the check-out.
The course topics will be split out into three modules, with activities to test your knowledge, as you work through the modules. It can be paused and restarted whenever you like, and you have six months to complete the course. The entire course involves up to 1 hour of study.
Members can access the course for free by logging into My RSPH and selecting the 'Member Benefits' tile.
- Introduction to infection prevention and control
- Methods of infection prevention and control
- Employers legal duties and responsibilities