This award covers:
- The meaning of positive health
- Basic principles of public health
- Understanding lifestyle choices affecting personal health and wellbeing
- Managing personal health collaboratively with service providers
Holders of this qualification will have a basic awareness of the principles of health and the impact on their health of the lifestyle choices they make. They will also be prepared to take responsibility for their personal health and work actively with health service providers to manage their own care and that of others and will be enabled to actively contribute towards more effective health service provision.
The programme is usually delivered over one day and assessment is by a 45 minute multiple-choice examination consisting of 20 multiple choice questions.
This qualification is on The Education and Skills Funding Agency list of qualifications approved for funding.
This qualification is appropriate for everyone and particularly applicable:
- In the workplace setting as an introduction to health awareness
- In the health and social care sector, including for those preparing for careers in these sectors
- As a foundation for those in support roles to professionals in education, public service and corporate settings
- As part of health and lifestyle education for young people, through schools and colleges, and for those starting out in independent living
For learners: see below for your nearest centre. Centres are listed alphabetically - to find the centre nearest to you, please use the location finder.
For current centres: if you are interested in delivering this qualification, please visit the Centre Area and register your interest.
How do I become an RSPH-approved centre?
If you’re planning to deliver one of our qualifications, you will need to become a RSPH registered centre.
To become an approved centre and to gain qualification approval, please visit our Become a centre page.
Centres offering this qualification
25 centres offering this qualification