This online course will provide you information about the menopause, its symptoms, how to have a menopause conversation and available menopause support.
- One CPD point upon completion
- CPD certificate of completion
- One hour of study
Following the great reception of the MECC (Making Every Contact Count) for Menopause programme, the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) and Bluesci Support have developed this eLearning module.
The module aims to function as an introduction to the menopause for anyone, regardless of their own menopausal status and does not require any previous field knowledge. The module includes several interactive tasks, self-reflective exercises and upon completion, learners get access to an additional Menopause resource guide.
Sign up to RSPH Learn
Register your My RSPH account to purchase your course and access RSPH Learn.
Aims of the Course
On completion you will understand:
- The definitions of different menopause stages.
- Different menopause symptoms.
- How to have a menopause conversation.
- Menopause rights in the workplace.
- Available menopause support and resources.
- One hour of study.
- One CPD point
- Easy to navigate online resources
- Auto-saves your progress so can be completed in multiple sittings
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is not only aimed at people going through the menopause but anyone who have people in their surroundings experiencing it. No previous knowledge is required in order to obtain the content of this course.
How much does the course cost?
This course is free for RSPH members and £26.50 for the general public.
Why not join RSPH Membership and access this course, as well as other CPD resources, for free?
Register now using code CPDLEARNER and benefit from a 5% discount on your first year of membership.
How do you access the course? And how long does it take to complete?
You will be able to purchase the course by visiting our Learning Catalogue in My RSPH. If you do not have an account you must first register here. You can buy a course for yourself, or multiple to assign to other learners. If you are buying a course for yourself, you should tick the ‘assign course to yourself’ box at the check-out.
The course topics will be split out into three modules, with activities to test your knowledge, as you work through the modules. It can be paused and restarted whenever you like, and you have six months to complete the course. The entire course involves up to one hour of study.
Members will be able to access the course for free by logging into My RSPH and selecting the 'Member Benefits' tile.
- Awareness of Menopause symptoms, their impact on support, and treatment for people who experience the menopause.
- Recognition of the relevance and importance of misdiagnosis and stigma.
- Build confidence and skills to have a comprehensive menopause conversation.
- Awareness of legislation and the impact of menopause symptoms in the workplace.