Public Health is an international, multi-disciplinary peer-reviewed journal, published by Elsevier. It is one of the world’s oldest public health journals, having been in continuous publication since 1888.
Public Health publishes original research papers, reviews and short communications on all aspects of the science, philosophy and practice of public health and is published twelve times a year.
It is aimed at all public health practitioners and researchers and those who manage or contribute to public health services, programmes and systems, and has an International Editorial Board made up of a distinguished panel of public health experts from around the world.
Online access to current and past issues of Public Health is one of the many benefits available to Fellow members of RSPH.
- 2018 Impact Factor: 1.696
- 5 Year Impact Factor: 1.952
- Ranking 109 out of 185 journals in the ‘Public, Environmental and Occupational Health’ category
Explore the types of research we regularly publish:
- Defining health and health inequalities. G. McCartney, F. Popham, R. McMaster, A. Cumbers. July 2019 (Volume 172, pp. 22-30)
- Social determinants and lifestyles: integrating environmental and public health perspectives. H. Graham, P.C.L. White. December 2016 (Volume 141, pp. 270-278)
- How do mobile health applications support behaviour changes? A scoping review of the mobile health applications relating to physical activity and eating behaviours. O. Aromatario, A. Van Hoye, A. Vuillemin, A.-M. Foucaut, C. Crozet, J. Pommier, L. Cambon (Volume 175, pp. 8-18)
- Health needs and access to health care: the case of Syrian refugees in Turkey. R. Assi, S. Özger-Ilhan, M.N. Ilhan (Volume 172, pp. 146-152)
Contribute to the journal
Submit a paper
Public Health will be publishing a special issue on Palliative Care in early 2021 and are now inviting paper submissions. For more information please see the call for papers. The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2020.