What is Public Health?
Public Health is an international, multi-disciplinary peer-reviewed journal, published by Elsevier. It is one of the world’s oldest public health journals, having been in continuous publication since 1888.
The journal aims to publish international articles focused on all aspects of the science and philosophy of; public health, public health services and public health systems, seeking to challenge the status quo to improve the health and care of populations or communities.
The journal will publish robust and ethically sound articles of any study type whereby the focus is consistent with our aim. This includes but is not limited to:
• Public health theory, models and frameworks
• Epidemiology – social and political
• Need or impact assessments with a strategic/population level focus
• Effectiveness, management and re-design of health and social care services/support, and wider determinant services such as education, welfare, employment services to improve public health
• Health Protection including control of communicable diseases
• Health promotion and disease prevention
• Development of public health programmes or interventions
• Public health governance, audit and quality
• Public health law and ethics
• Public health policy and comparisons
• Capacity in public health systems and workforce
The target market of the journal is researchers, practitioners, and policymakers who are engaged in public health policy and programmes, public health services and public health systems.
Log in to RSPH first, then click the button (below) to access the Latest Issue of Public Health:
Call for Papers: the Burden of Disease in Latin America
The deadline for submission to the special issue is 30 April 2024.
Call for Papers: Climate Resilient Health Systems
Guest Editors include Professor Jo Borghi, Professor Renzo Guinto, Professor Susannah Mayhew and Dell Saulnier.
All the information on how to submit an article is provided in the document below. Full papers should be submitted online by 30th April 2024.
Contribute to the Journal - Submit a Paper
Interested in reviewing for the Journal?
Public Health is always looking for new reviewers to review papers and books. If you are interested, you are very welcome to register as a reviewer, filling in your areas of expertise and interest on our online submission system.