Reducing health inequalities and improving health outcomes is reliant upon effective and strategic commissioning.
The RSPH guide to commissioning for health improvement
In England, the transition of public health teams into local authorities has led to many changes in how health improvement commissioning is being delivered, and this new guide is an essential read for anyone working to improve the public’s health within this new environment.
Further useful information on commissioning
We have also sought to bring together other useful commissioning information in the list below. Please let us know if you feel any other reports or websites should be included and we will add them in.
- Guidance for commissioning public mental health services
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England. Commissioning guide topics
- Commissioning regional and local HIV sexual and reproductive health services
- Commissioning Framework for Health and Wellbeing. Department of Health
- The NHS Outcomes Framework 2013/14
- NHS England: Patient involvement