The Centre of Excellence Award is one of the categories of the Hygeia Awards 2018.
This award recognises centres which show commitment to their learners through high levels of teaching and support, alongside proven high pass rates.
The winners were announced on Thursday 13 September at 28 Portland Place in London.
The Centre of Excellence Award is shortlisted by the RSPH Qualifications Team. The judging is based on the following criteria:
- Constantly looking for and introducing new ways to improve teaching and ensure that their learners have the best chance of success eg. new technology and/or teaching methods in the classroom
Supports learners and achieves high pass rates
- Shows commitment to their learners through their induction programme, support during course, mentoring and coaching
- Ensures that learners can access information and experience they need to obtain a job or progress their career eg. careers advice, work experience, job fairs, and local job market information
- Can demonstrate high pass rates
- Can demonstrate links and relationships with key stakeholders with an interest in vocational education in your area eg. employers, trade bodies, local government, schools, colleges, charities