The Health & Wellbeing in Workplaces Award is one of the categories of the Health & Wellbeing Awards.
This award is an opportunity for employers to show their commitment to the health and wellbeing of their workforce.
Entered projects and programmes should reflect the application of the following principles based on NICE guidance on healthy workplaces:
- Making health and wellbeing an organisational priority – good practice around this includes:
- Having a named senior manager who makes employee health and wellbeing a core priority
- Having an organisational health and wellbeing strategy
- Integrating a health and wellbeing in relevant organisation’s plans policies and communications
- Empowering a team of workplace health champions with enough autonomy and support to design and implement health promoting initiatives
- Embedding health and wellbeing is within the organisation’s management processes and procedures, for example by being included in the skills and knowledge requirements of line managers and in their performance review
- Committing to a parity of esteem between physical health and mental health. This means that as well as promoting healthier lifestyles and safety in the workplace, organisation also promote mental health through supportive policies and activities aimed at increasing employee resilience
- Enabling employees at all levels to have an opportunity to participate in decision-making processes around practices that have a direct impact on them, for example by having mechanisms for staff to contribute to organisational plans and policies
Category winners have the opportunity to be selected for the prestigious Public Health Minister’s Award.
The winners are announced at the RSPH Awards ceremony, taking place in London on 28th November 2024. To register your interest sign up below.
Find out more