The Health Improvement Award is one of the categories of the Hygeia Awards.
This award recognises outstanding achievement in one of RSPH’s Health Improvement qualifications by a learner who has combined their studies with making a contribution to their community’s health and wellbeing.
- Attained one of the following RSPH Level 2 Awards: Understanding Health Improvement, Behaviour Change or Improving the Public's Health
- References from tutor and/or assessor regarding the learner's performance and commitment during training, as well as quality of assessment
- Ability to signpost health services
- Supporting other learners
- Quality of communicating health improvement messages
- Impact in terms of promoting health and wellbeing to local people (practical effects eg. information and guidance on a relevant health issue
The 2018 winner for the Health Improvement Award was Peter Thurston.