The Health Improvement Award is one of the categories of the Hygeia Awards 2019.
This award recognises outstanding achievement in one of RSPH’s Health Improvement qualifications by a learner who has combined their studies with making a contribution to their community’s health and wellbeing.
The winner will be announced at the annual Hygeia Awards at 28 Portland Place in London on 11 September 2019.
Please note that nominations for the Hygeia Awards have now closed. The winner will be announced at the annual Hygeia Awards at 28 Portland Place in London on 11 September 2019.
- Attained one of the following RSPH Level 2 Awards: Understanding Health Improvement, Behaviour Change or Improving the Public's Health
- References from tutor and/or assessor regarding the learner's performance and commitment during training, as well as quality of assessment
- Ability to signpost health services
- Supporting other learners
- Quality of communicating health improvement messages
- Impact in terms of promoting health and wellbeing to local people (practical effects eg. information and guidance on a relevant health issue
The 2018 winner for the Health Improvement Award was Peter Thurston.