The Young Health Champions Award is one of the categories of the Hygeia Awards 2019.
This award recognises outstanding achievement of a Young Health Champion in terms of raising awareness of a health issue amongst their peers and making an impact on their community’s health and wellbeing.
- Achieved the Level 2 Award for Young Health Champions qualification
- References from tutor and/or assesor verifying that all work was of a consistently high standard, clearly and accurately presented in an original and interesting way
- Quality of health promotion presentation (relevance to audience and delivery)
- Supporting other learners
- Ability to signpost health services
- Impact in terms of promoting health and wellbeing to local young people
The 2018 joint winners of the Young Health Champions Award were Joseph Roberts and Jessica Tunks.